Estimated Reading Time: 1
Some members of the Ekiti State executive cabinet, have tested positive for COVID-19.
The affected persons include the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Wale Fapohunda, who announced his status Sunday evening, while others remain unnamed.
Speaking during the COVID-19 Task Force media briefing in Ado-Ekiti on Sunday, the Commissioner for Health, Dr Mojisola Yaya-Kolade confirmed that the Attorney General and some unnamed members of the cabinet had tested positive for COVID-19 in Ekiti.
Dr. Yaya-Kolade, revealed that as a physician it was against the ethics of the profession to disclose the identity of COVID-19 patients but said, “those who tested positive have the liberty to announce it on their own.”
“As you are aware that the commissioner for justice announced his status on twitter and I can tell you that there are other members of the cabinet that are also positive but I must say that they are at liberty to disclose or keep to themselves for the obvious reasons,” the commissioner said.
According to the commissioner, the state has 67 active cases.
He said: “all our patients are doing fine including the governor.
“They are responding to treatment and we have no problem with them.”
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries
- States take Federal Government to the Supreme Court over funding
- Trans fat: Nigeria still on the road finalise regulation
- VP Osinbajo urges leaders of destination countries to insist on repatriation of illicit funds & their proceeds
- INEC replaces manual voting with automated voting system
- NNPC to be commercialized in new PIB draft – Minister
- We will pass the Petroleum Industry Bill speedily says Gbajabiamila