Estimated Reading Time: 1
Some members of the Ekiti State executive cabinet, have tested positive for COVID-19.
The affected persons include the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Wale Fapohunda, who announced his status Sunday evening, while others remain unnamed.
Speaking during the COVID-19 Task Force media briefing in Ado-Ekiti on Sunday, the Commissioner for Health, Dr Mojisola Yaya-Kolade confirmed that the Attorney General and some unnamed members of the cabinet had tested positive for COVID-19 in Ekiti.
Dr. Yaya-Kolade, revealed that as a physician it was against the ethics of the profession to disclose the identity of COVID-19 patients but said, “those who tested positive have the liberty to announce it on their own.”
“As you are aware that the commissioner for justice announced his status on twitter and I can tell you that there are other members of the cabinet that are also positive but I must say that they are at liberty to disclose or keep to themselves for the obvious reasons,” the commissioner said.
According to the commissioner, the state has 67 active cases.
He said: “all our patients are doing fine including the governor.
“They are responding to treatment and we have no problem with them.”
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match
- Abia State Government gives 7 Days ultimatum to street traders in Aba
- Oyo State gets first female Police Commissioner
- Wedding Photos: Former speaker Dimeji Bankole weds Kebbi Governor’s daughter