Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party Governors’ Forum, Aminu Tambuwal, on Saturday, called on the Independent National Electoral Commission not to allow anyone or any force to control it in the forthcoming October 10 governorship election in Edo State.
Tambuwal, who is also the governor of Sokoto State, tasked INEC to conduct a free, fair and credible election devoid of malpractices.
He made the call during the official launch of the governorship campaign train of the Governor Godwin Obaseki who is seeking reelection.
He said, “I want to call on the INEC Chairman, Prof Mahmud Yakubu, to take a cue from the elections conducted by the former INEC Chairman, Prof Atahiru Jega, where the doctrine of one man, one vote was adhered to strictly in all elections.
“Do not allow anybody to use you to achieve their political aim and ambition.”
Tambuwal also called on the President, Muhammadu Buhari, not to fail in delivering a free and fair election to Nigerians and the people of Edo.
“Let that be your legacy to Nigerians. Edo is a strategic and important state in the history of Nigeria,” he told the President.
“No one man can come to Edo and claim superiority over others, we will ensure that those who want to rig this election do not succeed.
“We gave Governor Godwin Obaseki some lessons on how to demobilise godfathers because we knew that a day like this will come.
“I urge you all to continue to hold on to God Almighty because God never fails. That was what we did in Sokoto and we won the state,” he added.
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billions – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries
- States take Federal Government to the Supreme Court over funding
- Trans fat: Nigeria still on the road finalise regulation