Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Association of Resident Doctors of the Federal Medical Centre, Asaba, Delta State, has declared a three-day warning strike over the continued shortage of personal protective equipment and non-payment of hazard allowance.
The President of the ARD FMC Delta, Dr Nwabunor Osifo, who stated this on Sunday in Asaba, said that the warning strike would take effect from Monday 27, 2020.
He urged the state government to implement the resolution reached by the Nigeria Governors Forum as regard to the payment of hazard allowance.
He said, “Painfully, against the backdrop of assurances given by the Nigeria Governors Forum on the speedy implementation of COVID-19 hazard improvement allowance and tax rebirth for our colleges in state employment, we join NMA, Delta State, to embark on a three-day warning strike in the spirit of comradeship. They only pay hazard allowance for April and May but our colleges in DESUTH, HMB have not received and we are doing same work.
“As doctors practising in the state, we want to join our doctors in the state on this three days strike. To this strike a human face, the warning strike exempts doctors who are managing COVID-19 patients.
“It a warning strike and we expect the state government to do the needful or face an indefinite strike.”
He noted that as of Sunday, over 1,027 doctors have been infected nationwide while 18 death have also been recorded.
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help
- I raped her for collecting my money and refusing me sex – Suspect confesses
- Investigation: Nigeria’s government is waging a never-ending war on public freedoms
- My son knows I am vehemently against his sexuality – Doyin Okupe reacts to his son’s sexuality
- Gani Adams support Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen
- Court convicts 20-year-old for doctoring fake ‘Sex Tape’ of Imo Commissioner, Willie Amadi
- Yoruba people traditionally have what it takes to defend themselves against all enemy attacks – Alaafin writes open letter to Buhari