Estimated Reading Time: 1
Ganiyu Folorunsho AbdulRazaq, the father of the incumbent governor of Kwara State, AbdulRahman Abdulrazaq, is dead.
A former minister in charge of railways in the First Republic, Mr AbdulRaraq died on Saturday morning.
His death was announced via a statement signed by Alimi AbdulRazaq on behalf of the family.
“With total submission to the will of the Almighty Allah, the AbdulRazaqs of Ilorin Emirate of Kwara State hereby announce the passing of their patriarch and statesman Alhaji AbdulGaniyu Folorunsho Abdul-Razaq SAN (OFR) at the age of 93 in Abuja. He was born in 1927.”
The Mutawali of Ilorin and Tafida of Zazzau (Zaria), was Chairman of the Nigerian Body of Benchers and died peacefully at about 2 a.m. on Saturday, the family stated.
The deceased is believed to be the first lawyer from Northern Nigeria.
He is survived by his 90-year-old wife, Raliat AbdulRazaq, children and and grandchildren.
“Arrangement for his interment will be announced by the family shortly.”
The deceased was a member of the Federal Parliament from 1964 to 1966 as the Federal Cabinet Minister of State for Transport.
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’
- IGP orders arrest of Sunday Igboho
- 2023: Governor Ortom should run for senate – Special Adviser
- Nigerian Ports Authority to launch Electronic Truck call-up app
- There must be justice and fairness in the way FG distributes resources – Attahiru Jega
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension