Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, is said to have officially decamped to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The acting Chairman of the party, Mai Mala Buni, who is also the Governor of Yobe State, disclosed this to Channels Television on Friday, after he and Dogara met with President Muhammadu Buhari at the villa.
He said the president has welcomed Mr Dogara into the fold as well as other former aggrieved members of the party.
According to Mr Buni the reasons why Dogara left the APC do not exist anymore and this visit to President Buhari is in continuation of efforts to rebuild the party.
The former Speaker said he would address the press on a later date.
In January 2019, Dogara announced his defection from the APC to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
- ‘The first thing I’m focused on, is COVID-19’ Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala says
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools
- Food items will not be transported to southwest until Fulanis are safe – Miyetti Allah