Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, is said to have officially decamped to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The acting Chairman of the party, Mai Mala Buni, who is also the Governor of Yobe State, disclosed this to Channels Television on Friday, after he and Dogara met with President Muhammadu Buhari at the villa.
He said the president has welcomed Mr Dogara into the fold as well as other former aggrieved members of the party.
According to Mr Buni the reasons why Dogara left the APC do not exist anymore and this visit to President Buhari is in continuation of efforts to rebuild the party.
The former Speaker said he would address the press on a later date.
In January 2019, Dogara announced his defection from the APC to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
- Kaduna Government closes sports betting shops across the state
- Edo Decides: Early signs of a transition from party-based elections?
- Imo State governor, Hope Uzodinma, has rejected Edo election results – vows APC will win in court #EdoDecides2020
- “There is no more APC” – Senator Rochas Okorocha speaks after defeat of the party in Edo #EdoDecides2020
- “We would have loved to win,” – Governor El-Rufai says APC defeat in Edo was a surprise
- Hamzat Lawal: Okonjo-Iweala represents what the WTO needs at this moment
- Nigeria’s monthly oil revenue crashes by 75% – NNPC Report
- PHOTOS: NFF unveils new kit for Super Eagles and Falcons
- Health Workers call off 7 day strike
- “No one should say shit about Ganduje” – Fatima, Kano Governors daughter defends her father #EdoDecides2020