Estimated Reading Time: 2
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has promised to streamline processes involved in getting back investments in the market to boost investors’ confidence.
Mr Lamido Yuguda, Director-General of the Commission, gave the assurance in a statement issued by Mrs Efe Ebelo, the Head, Corporate Communication of SEC in Abuja on Sunday.
Yuguda said that some investors in the market had left their monies due to the herculean procedures involved in getting them back.
There was, therefore, the need to ensure that people benefitted from their investments without difficulties.
The director-general pledged the determination of the management of the Commission toward making the capital market more accessible to Nigerians to attract more investors.
“We need to make operations in the capital market as easy as possible, that way, we can attract investments.
“We are aware that some investors have left their money due to the herculean procedures involved in getting them.
“It is our desire to ensure that people are able to benefit from investments, with that, we can increase investors’ confidence.
“We will look at the processes involved and streamline them to ensure that investors are able to get their money without much difficulties.
“When that happens, people can be motivated to come back to the market, because unless we are able to attract people back, we cannot get the capital market that we can be proud of,” he explained.
The director-general said that the Commission had zero tolerance to sharp practices in the capital market.
Yuguda urged stakeholders in the market to ensure that they were operating according to laid down rules and regulations.
“We will not condone sharp practices in the market, we will ensure that everyone plays by the rules as that is one of the ways we can attract investors.
“Investors need to be protected; once we can do that, we will be able to take our market to greater heights,” he said.
Yuguda called on investors to key into various initiatives of the Commission, including e-dividend, regularization of multiple accounts, Direct Cash Settlement among others to have the benefits of their investments.
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’
- IGP orders arrest of Sunday Igboho