Estimated Reading Time: 1
The 5th season of Big Brother Naija tagged “The Lockdown Edition” kicked off on Sunday night with a grand live premiere show hosted by media personality Ebuka Obi-Uchendu.
According to a statement by MultiChoice Nigeria, the show will see 20 housemates battle for the grand prize of 85 Million Naira over the course of 71 days.
Twenty new housemates were introduced at the live premiere with each of them bringing their own individuality and unique personality to compete for the grand prize
This new season, the show also has some new features. The #BBNaijaFaveLockIn is a fresh twist that will see fans lock-in a favourite housemate who they think will win the show.
The lock-in period will be open from Thursday, July 30th till Monday, August 3rd. The special BBNaija Lock-In feature would be available on MyDStv and MyGOtv apps. At the end of the season, correct Fave Housemate Lock-In will go through a raffle draw where 30 winners will emerge and win N1m each.
Apart from the regular famous voting process, the organisers also introduced the tiered voting system which gives subscribers an edge and more votes to keep their favourite housemates in the house.
The new season will air 24 hours everyday.
- Sharia court in Kano sentences 60 year old Man to death by stoning for Rape
- Former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, Dies at 90
- How are bandits getting weapons? Buhari queries Service Chiefs
- UNILAG Vice-Chancellor, Ogundipe responds to sack notice. Says it is a ‘figment of the imagination’
- Borno Governor appoints new Chief Of Staff
- Insecurity: Allow responsible citizens carry weapons, Benue Governor tells FG
- Transportation costs might increase as Lagos government introduces new taxes
- Film Censors Board issues 30-day notice on mandatory content registration
- Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, in a new audio condemns Kano death sentence
- After NewsWireNGR Exclusive, Nigerian Govt assures, ‘Air Peace will recall some sacked pilots’