Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Monetary Policy Committee of the Central Bank of Nigeria has retained the monetary policy rate at 12.5 percent.
Governor of the Central Bank, Mr Godwin Emefiele announced this at the end of the MPC’s meeting on Monday during a virtual press briefing.
Eight members of the committee voted in favour of holding the MPR, while two members wanted it reduced.
In addition to the MPR, the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) was retained at 27.5 percent, liquidity ratio at 30 percent, while the Asymmetric Corridor was retained at +200/-500 basis points.
- Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila says Lagos needs N1 Trillion to reconstruct properties damaged
- 5 days after it happened, Presidency finally addresses Lekki shootings
- Lagos Attacks: Akeredolu says ‘there is an agenda beyond #EndSARS’
- Curfew in Lagos now from 8pm to 6am says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Oyo State Government to reopen schools on Monday 26th October
- IPOB says it will resume peaceful protests on Monday
- Return stolen property in 72 hours or face prosecution; Osun Governor warns looters
- South-West Governors, ministers visit Sanwo-Olu to sympathise
- Breaking: NECO suspends ongoing examination indefinitely
- Cross River Governor, Ayade orders police to carry out house-to-house search for looted properties