Estimated Reading Time: 1
Lawmakers of the Lagos State House of Assembly have been directed to undergo COVID-19 test following sudden death of its member, Tunde Braimoh, last Friday.
Temitope Adewale, representing Ifako Ijaiye Constituency I, made the disclosure in a statement in Lagos on Tuesday.
Mr Adewale said that he had submitted himself for the COVID-19 test and the result was negative.
“As directed by the leadership of the Lagos State House of Assembly on Sunday, I went and submitted myself for the COVID-19 test, and I have gotten my result. The test result came out negative.
“To this end, it is our collective responsibility to be more careful and observe all the stipulated and given rules to help us prevent the transmission of this deadly virus.
“Wash your hands for 30 seconds regularly, avoid social gatherings, maintain social distancing and at all times wear a face mask.
“The use of hand sanitisers should become a habit and finally, avoid touching your face and nose,” he said.
Mr Adewale, Chairman, House Committee on Transportation, said there was need to fight the pandemic, which was beyond keeping safe but also to also know their status.
The lawmaker thanked his constituents for their love, support and care, adding that he won’t be receiving any visitors for now
The Lagos lawmaker also commended Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu and his deputy, Obafemi Hamzat, for their proactive and tireless fight against the pandemic.
- Joe Biden picks former rival Kamala Harris as running mate
- Mahatma Gandhi’s glasses go on sale August 21 for over $19,000
- Lagos courts deliver judgments on 122 sexual offences in 2020 – DPP
- 500 pioneer amotekun officers completed training with colourful passing out parade
- Covid-19: United States donates over 200 modern ventilators to Nigerian government
- Labour unions threaten to disrupt MTN operations over alleged anti-labour practices
- Over 5 million people applied for N-Power Batch C – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- Not an all boys club anymore; meet Northern Nigeria’s only female Polo Player
- NECO has released 2020 examination timetable
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others