Estimated Reading Time: 1
Zindzi Mandela, the youngest daughter of South Africa’s ex-president, Nelson Mandela is dead.
She died at 59 on Monday morning.
Before her death, she was the South African ambassador to Denmark.
“59-year-old daughter of former president Nelson Mandela and struggle stalwart Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, died at a Johannesburg hospital in the early hours of this morning,” SABC reported.
However, the cause of her death has not been revealed yet.
Minister of International Relations and Cooperation Naledi Pandor said her department was still gathering information regarding her death.
“Zindzi will not only be remembered as a daughter of our struggle heroes, Tata Nelson and Mama Winnie Mandela, but as a struggle heroine in her own right. She served South Africa well,” Pandor said in a statement, expressing her condolences to the Mandela family and their loved ones.
“May her soul rest in peace.”
- Alleged $620,000 bribe: Court rules against Lawan on no case submission
- FG fix price of petroleum at N138.62, an increase of N6 from its previous N132 – N133
- Tonnie Iredia, says the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has hijacked the duties of NBC DG
- Nigerian Air Force to establish operational base in Gombe
- Flood Control: FCTA demolishes over 102 houses
- Allegations of illegal activity against IGP entirely false – NPF
- After NewsWireNGR special report on Nigerian farmers, NIRSAL opens applications for access to finance
- New details emerge on the arrest of Abia lawyer allegedly detained by DSS without trial
- 100 pilots at Bristow helicopters have been fired
- Federal government develops national policy on virtual meetings