Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigeria Medical Association, NMA has called on the Cross River State Government to upscale testing for Covid-19 in the State.
NMA State Chairman, Dr Agam Ayuk expressed dissatisfaction over non-testing of suspected cases over the weekends at the Lawrence Henshaw Memorial Hospital in Calabar, the state capital.
While commending the State Government for periodically informing the Association of its schedules in the last one week, NMA said “At this critical period where we are supposed to upscale testing, these disruptions are not healthy in the fight against Covid-19.
The Association said plans should be made to at least collect samples during the weekends if it is practically impossible to test to avoid losing patients at this critical period.
The Laboratory Manager of the Lawrence Henshaw Memorial Hospital, Sunday Obeten had issued a statement on July 10, 2020, informing residents that testing at the Centre will henceforth “take place from Mondays-Fridays between 9 am and 2 pm daily, with exception of emergencies that could be handled outside the work hours”.
The State Government, however, debunked rumours that testing has stopped at the Lawrence Henshaw Memorial Hospital Calabar, saying testing is a continuous exercise for all citizens with symptoms of Covid-19.
- Joe Biden picks former rival Kamala Harris as running mate
- Mahatma Gandhi’s glasses go on sale August 21 for over $19,000
- Lagos courts deliver judgments on 122 sexual offences in 2020 – DPP
- 500 pioneer amotekun officers completed training with colourful passing out parade
- Covid-19: United States donates over 200 modern ventilators to Nigerian government
- Labour unions threaten to disrupt MTN operations over alleged anti-labour practices
- Over 5 million people applied for N-Power Batch C – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- Not an all boys club anymore; meet Northern Nigeria’s only female Polo Player
- NECO has released 2020 examination timetable
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others