Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Osun State Secretary to the State Government, Prince Wole Oyebamiji has recovered from the Coronavirus on Saturday.
A Statement by the Health Commissioner, Dr Rafiu Isamotu noted that the SSG was part of the 22 people that the result returned negative.
It will be recalled that the SSG had about 10 days ago tested positive for the virus.
Dr Isamotu revealed that by Friday evening, the confirmatory test of the SSG carried out after days of care and treatment returned negative. Similarly, 21 other patients have also tested negative and have all been discharged.
The State, however, announced the discovery of 23 additional cases in the State, saying they were contacts from previous cases in the State.
The Commissioner appealed to citizens and residents of the State to always observe all the precautionary measures laid down by the State against the spread of the virus.
He also revealed that with the latest development, the number of confirmed cases in the State has risen to 233 with 116 active cases, adding that the State has successfully treated and discharged 110 patients, while seven deaths have so far been recorded.
- Over 5 million people applied for N-Power Batch C – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- Not an all boys club anymore; meet Northern Nigeria’s only female Polo Player
- NECO has released 2020 examination timetable
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others
- Abubakar Malami denies corruption allegations; writes to Buhari
- Covid-19: Lagos council demands fumigation fees, certificates from churches
- Hollywood actor Antonio Banderas tests positive for COVID-19
- Breaking: Federal High Court orders substituted service of disqualification suit on Ize-Iyamu
- Civil servants on levels 12, 13 have been directed to resume work
- EiE opens ‘Hacking the Nigeria Code’ online course for citizen engagement