Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Osun State Secretary to the State Government, Prince Wole Oyebamiji has recovered from the Coronavirus on Saturday.
A Statement by the Health Commissioner, Dr Rafiu Isamotu noted that the SSG was part of the 22 people that the result returned negative.
It will be recalled that the SSG had about 10 days ago tested positive for the virus.
Dr Isamotu revealed that by Friday evening, the confirmatory test of the SSG carried out after days of care and treatment returned negative. Similarly, 21 other patients have also tested negative and have all been discharged.
The State, however, announced the discovery of 23 additional cases in the State, saying they were contacts from previous cases in the State.
The Commissioner appealed to citizens and residents of the State to always observe all the precautionary measures laid down by the State against the spread of the virus.
He also revealed that with the latest development, the number of confirmed cases in the State has risen to 233 with 116 active cases, adding that the State has successfully treated and discharged 110 patients, while seven deaths have so far been recorded.
- 7, 194 police personnel deployed to Akwa Ibom as local government elections hold today
- New CBN report says consumers’ confidence in the economy dropped in Q3
- #EndSARS: Police inaugurate Panel to Assess Damages
- We demand the South East be given the opportunity to produce the president of Nigeria in 2023 – MASSOB
- #EndSARS: Ondo state Governor laments the absence of police officers
- IGP begs officers to return to duty posts after #EndSARS Protest
- Lagos State Government has announced a further relaxation of the curfew imposed
- Members of the Lagos judiciary panel visited a morgue at the military hospital Ikoyi- #EndSARS
- Breaking: Dead bodies discovered in Laminga Dam Jos – #EndSARS protest
- Plateau State govt say N75 billion lost to looters during #EndSARS protest