Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Mohammed Umar as acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Umar, who is the Head of Operations of the anti-graft agency, is to overseer the commission pending conclusion of investigation against erstwhile chair, Ibrahim Magu, over 22 allegations.
The Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN) stated these on Friday in a statement by his spokesman, Umar Gwandu.
The statement reads in part: “President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the immediate suspension of Ibrahim Magu as Ag. Chairman EFCC in order to allow for unhindered inquiry by the Presidential Investigation Panel under the Tribunals of Inquiry Act and other relevant laws.
“President Muhammadu Buhari has also approved that the EFCC Director of Operations, Mohammed Umar, should take charge and oversee the activities of the Commission pending the conclusion of the ongoing investigation and further directives in that regards.”
- Kaduna Governor curses rights activist, Chidi Odinkalu
- Police rescue kidnapped UNIJOS professor, husband
- ASUU joins NLC strike in Kaduna in solidarity
- ‘Nigeria may experience worse hike in food prices’ – Farmers Association
- Kaduna Strike: El-Rufai accuses NLC of ‘unlawful practice’
- ‘PDP Governors’ Forum meeting is a waste of time’ – APC says
- Governor Dapo Abiodun’s aide arrested in the US for alleged identity theft and unemployment scam
- Breaking: EFCC arrests the immediate past governor of Kwara State, Abdulfatah Ahmed
- Breaking: Actor, Baba Ijesha has been granted bail
- FG says it has uncovered 476 online publication sites dedicated to daily churning out of fake news to fight the government