Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian anti-corruption activist and initiator of Follow The Money, Hamzat Lawal has declined the invitation of the newly formed political movement; National Consultative Front(NCF).
In a press statement made available to NewsWireNGR, Hamzat expresses misgivings that “the current NCF approach does not align with my conviction of what ignites the right spirit and buy-in required for the multi-interest revolution we all dream about as the vehicle to birth a new Nigeria.”
While acknowledging the vision and mission that drives the NCF, Hamat believes he would do better as an activist. “I am a born development worker. Activism is what I do and I would rather stick to familiar ground.” He said
Ina recent statement to the press, the group had dismissed a report that it is transforming into a political party, stressing that its agenda is saving Nigeria.
Hamzat Lawal is not the only one to have declined the group’s invitation. Nigerian Lawyer and SAN; Olisa Agbakoba also denied the movement; saying he was not consulted before he was publicly listed as a member.
According to the NCF’s communique, they would embark on “immediate mass mobilisation of the nooks and crannies of the country for popular mass action towards political constitution reforms that is citizens-driven and process-led in engendering a new Peoples’ Constitution for a new Nigeria that can work for all.”
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students
- Just In: Unknown number of travelers abducted in Osun State