Estimated Reading Time: 1
Barely a week after testing positive for COVID-19, the governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, said he has tested negative.
He disclosed this during a weekly press briefing on Monday.
“Today I delivered my weekly #COVID?19 briefing in person after receiving news this morning that I tested Negative for Covid. I am grateful for all your support and prayers. We will win the Covid 19 fight in Ondo State.
As a mark of respect for the departed and as part of the mourning period, we have not appointed a new commissioner for Health. I have only approved that my Special Adviser on Health supervises the Ministry until we take further decision.”
“Presently, the Infectious Disease Hospital here in Akure has been stretched to the limits, so also are our medical equipment and personnel. The obvious implication of this for us, is that prevention is the best way to reduce pressure on cure.
“A total of 20 people have lost their lives to the Virus while over 472 have tested positive to the infection. While the number of confirmed cases have escalated, the number of discharged cases as of today is 113.
“We have commenced Covid19 testing at the Federal Medical Centre, Owo while the Akure Testing Centre will also commence in due course. Our third center in Ondo is currently being designed.
Speaking on the ongoing political tussle in the state, the Governor said “I do not believe the life of anyone in the state is worth a dirty struggle for office. It must be noted that elections and the results obtained thereof are only meaningful to an existing, safe and healthy society where peace and prosperity reign.”
On the 5th of June, the deputy governor, Agboola Ajayi had advised him to hand over the governance of the state to him in acting capacity since he was incapacitated.
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis
- Buhari in closed door meeting with President of Benin Republic
- Just in: 3 dead as petrol tanker explodes in Ogun State
- Nigeria is more corrupt today than it was in the past – Pat Utomi
- University of Calabar to resume February 5th
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force