Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former Governor of Ekiti State, Peter Ayodele Fayose says Nigeria’s president Buhari is an accidental President who cannot defend or protect his immediate family.
In a series of tweets on his verified Twitter accounts, the former Governor was responding to presidential spokesperson Femi Adesina, saying that President Muhammadu Buhari refused to move against Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State and Fayose because of his role as the father of the nation.
In an article published on his website, Adesina accused Fayose of forming “a tag team with Wike in the anti-Buhari tendency. The President could have dealt with them in many ways, either overtly or covertly, but he let them be. He was a father ready to tolerate his many children, irrespective of their differing idiosyncrasies, propensities and predilections.”
He also said Wike was particularly combative, truculent, if not at times insulting; but the President did not let that influence his decision.
Responding on Twitter, Fayose tweeted
- Labour unions threaten to disrupt MTN operations over alleged anti-labour practices
- Over 5 million people applied for N-Power Batch C – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- Not an all boys club anymore; meet Northern Nigeria’s only female Polo Player
- NECO has released 2020 examination timetable
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others
- Abubakar Malami denies corruption allegations; writes to Buhari
- Covid-19: Lagos council demands fumigation fees, certificates from churches
- Hollywood actor Antonio Banderas tests positive for COVID-19
- Breaking: Federal High Court orders substituted service of disqualification suit on Ize-Iyamu
- Civil servants on levels 12, 13 have been directed to resume work