Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former Governor of Ekiti State, Peter Ayodele Fayose says Nigeria’s president Buhari is an accidental President who cannot defend or protect his immediate family.
In a series of tweets on his verified Twitter accounts, the former Governor was responding to presidential spokesperson Femi Adesina, saying that President Muhammadu Buhari refused to move against Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State and Fayose because of his role as the father of the nation.
In an article published on his website, Adesina accused Fayose of forming “a tag team with Wike in the anti-Buhari tendency. The President could have dealt with them in many ways, either overtly or covertly, but he let them be. He was a father ready to tolerate his many children, irrespective of their differing idiosyncrasies, propensities and predilections.”
He also said Wike was particularly combative, truculent, if not at times insulting; but the President did not let that influence his decision.
Responding on Twitter, Fayose tweeted
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money
- Muhyideen Kolawole: The Healthcare System in Nigeria is Collapsing
- Nasir el-rufai is “one of the real enemies” of Nigeria – Benue Governor Ortom says his Kaduna counterpart is an “ethnic champion and religious bigot”
- #EndSARS: Witness shared videos revealing Army shooting at protesters at the Lekki Toll
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja
- For the second time in a week, gunmen attack police station in Akwa Ibom
- ‘El-Rufai’s comments are mischievous’ – Igbo Leaders respond
- ‘You can’t get Presidency by threats or shouting victimhood’ – El Rufai says to South-East
- ‘A military takeover is not the solution to Nigeria’s problems’ – Adams Oshiomhole