Estimated Reading Time: 2
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has announced new appointments and redeployments of Top management staff of the cooperation.
This announcement was made in a statement signed by the corporation’s Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, Dr Kennie Obateru.
It noted that the changes are part of the ongoing efforts to strengthen and reposition NNPC for greater efficiency, transparency and profitability in line with the Next Level Agenda of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.
Engr. Adeyemi Adetunji was redeployed as the Chief Operating Officer, Upstream, to the Ventures & Business Development Directorate as COO, a position left by Mr Roland Onoriode Ewubare, who voluntary retired last week.
Mr Adokiye Tombomieye, the Group General Manager, Crude Oil Marketing Division (COMD), has been appointed as the new Chief Operating Officer (COO), Upstream while Mr Mohammed Abdulkabir Ahmed, the Managing Director of the Nigerian Gas Marketing Company (NGMC), has been appointed the new Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services, following the retirement of Engr. Farouk Garba Sa’id, last week.
The top-level staff movement also affected Sir. Billy Okoye who has been redeployed from the NNPC Downstream Company, NNPC Retail Limited, as Managing Director, to replace Mr Tombomieye as the Group General Manager, Crude Oil Marketing Division; while Mrs Elizabeth Aliyuda, the General Manager, Sales and Marketing NNPC Retail Limited, takes over from Sir Okoye as Managing Director.
The Executive Director Asset Management and Technical Services Mr Usman Farouk, at the NGMC takes over from Mr Ahmed as Managing Director.
The release also explained that President Buhari has accepted the resignation of Mr Roland Ewubare, who was the immediate past Chief Operating Officer, Ventures and New Business Directorate of the National Oil Company while the retirement of the immediate past Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services, Engr. Farouk Garba Said had also received the approval of Mr President who thanked the two former COOs for their meritorious service to the corporation.
Speaking on the development, the Group Managing Director of the Corporation (GGMD), Mallam Mele Kyari, said the new appointments would enable the corporation to live up to the expectation of her shareholders, Nigerians, and give impetus to the ongoing restructuring within the Corporation, which, he said, was in line with the corporate vision of Transparency, Accountability & Performance Excellence.
- 500 pioneer amotekun officers completed training with colourful passing out parade
- Covid-19: United States donates over 200 modern ventilators to Nigerian government
- Labour unions threaten to disrupt MTN operations over alleged anti-labour practices
- Over 5 million people applied for N-Power Batch C – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- Not an all boys club anymore; meet Northern Nigeria’s only female Polo Player
- NECO has released 2020 examination timetable
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others
- Abubakar Malami denies corruption allegations; writes to Buhari
- Covid-19: Lagos council demands fumigation fees, certificates from churches
- Hollywood actor Antonio Banderas tests positive for COVID-19