Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration) of the Benue State University Makurdi, Professor Godwin Achinge, has died of Covid-19 complications.
Achinge who is also the Vice-Chairman of the Benue State Action Committee on Covid-19 reportly died on Sunday afternoon at a hospital facility in Jos, the Plateau State capital where he was taken to after he tested positive for the virus early last week.
Although details are still sketchy, the State Commissioner of Information, Ngunan Addingi, promised to get back to reporters later with more information. However, dependable sources, who are members of the Committee but prefer anonymity, confirmed the development to African Independent Television.
The death of Professor Achinge brings the total number of persons who have died as a result of the virus in the State to 6 with the total number of confirmed cases now 97.
It will be recalled that the Vice Chancellor of Benue State University, BSU Makurdi, Professor Moses Kembe, also tested positive for Covid-19 on Friday.
In a Facebook post, he said, “On Monday, 29th June 2020, my test result for the Covid-19 returned positive. I had fever and body fatigue the previous week. I have been in isolation since I found out about my positive exposure to the virus.”
- Nominations list for the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete Nominations list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas
- Arik Air sacks 300 staff members, claims economic hardship
- Patrick Vieira has been sacked as coach of Nice
- Just In: Appeal court sacks Senator Ifeanyi Araraume as Imo North APC candidate
- #EndSARS: Nigerian Police withdraws petition to end ongoing judicial panel
- CAN condemns Zabarmari massacre, calls it ‘satanic’
- Just in: Court remands Maina at Kuje Correction centre