Estimated Reading Time: 1
Plateau State Government has confirmed that the Chief of Staff to the state governor, Noel Donjur, has tested positive for COVID-19.
In a statement made available to Journalists, the state government said “The Chief of Staff to the Plateau State governor, Noel Donjur, has tested positive to COVID-19 after the test that was conducted for members of the state EXCO on 1st July, 2020 following the directive of Governor Lalong.
The outcome of the tests indicate that all other members of the state EXCO tested negative except the Chief of Staff who is asymptomatic and in good condition.
“Accordingly, health officials have commenced treatment for him at one of the isolation centres in the state capital Jos, while members of his family and other contacts are being traced and tested.
“The Chief of Staff who is in high spirits urges prayers from members of the public and also encourages people to submit to COVID-19 testing which is very important in unveiling cases and leading to treatment.
“Meanwhile, other personal aides of the governor, permanent secretaries, heads of parastatals as well as other senior civil servants conducted the test on Thursday 2nd July, 2020 and are awaiting the results.”
Donjur’s status is coming days after the state’s Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Abe Aku, tested positive for the virus.
- Joe Biden picks former rival Kamala Harris as running mate
- Mahatma Gandhi’s glasses go on sale August 21 for over $19,000
- Lagos courts deliver judgments on 122 sexual offences in 2020 – DPP
- 500 pioneer amotekun officers completed training with colourful passing out parade
- Covid-19: United States donates over 200 modern ventilators to Nigerian government
- Labour unions threaten to disrupt MTN operations over alleged anti-labour practices
- Over 5 million people applied for N-Power Batch C – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- Not an all boys club anymore; meet Northern Nigeria’s only female Polo Player
- NECO has released 2020 examination timetable
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others