Estimated Reading Time: 1
Management Committee Chairman, Barkin-Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State, Ezekiel Mandyau, is dead.
Dan Mandyau, brother of the deceased, who confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria, said the chairman died about 6pm on Thursday at the Jos University Teaching Hospital, where he was receiving treatment for pneumonia.
He explained that the deceased took ill on Monday and went to JUTH for treatment, “but his condition continued to deteriorate until he died” on Thursday evening.
He described the death of the chairman as “devastating” to the family and the people of the area.
Dan said the corpse of the chairman had been deposited at the JUTH mortuary.
- Osun State Government approves N30,000 minimum wage for workers
- 7, 194 police personnel deployed to Akwa Ibom as local government elections hold today
- New CBN report says consumers’ confidence in the economy dropped in Q3
- #EndSARS: Police inaugurate Panel to Assess Damages
- We demand the South East be given the opportunity to produce the president of Nigeria in 2023 – MASSOB
- #EndSARS: Ondo state Governor laments the absence of police officers
- IGP begs officers to return to duty posts after #EndSARS Protest
- Lagos State Government has announced a further relaxation of the curfew imposed
- Members of the Lagos judiciary panel visited a morgue at the military hospital Ikoyi- #EndSARS
- Breaking: Dead bodies discovered in Laminga Dam Jos – #EndSARS protest