Estimated Reading Time: 1
Secretary to the state government of Osun state, Wole Oyebamiji has tested positive for Coronavirus.
Some of his staff were also confirmed positive. This was disclosed by the state Commissioner for health, Dr Rafiu Isamotu.
In a press release on Wednesday, Isamotu hinted that there are strong indications that Osun now has community transmission around Ilesa Axis of the state, warning that unless citizens and residents change their ways, government might be forced to impose another lockdown on the state.
While noting that the new confirmed eleven cases were from the contact tracing of previous cases in the state, the health commissioner also revealed that with the latest development, the number of confirmed cases in the state has now risen to one hundred and twenty-seven with seventy-four active cases.
- Joe Biden picks former rival Kamala Harris as running mate
- Mahatma Gandhi’s glasses go on sale August 21 for over $19,000
- Lagos courts deliver judgments on 122 sexual offences in 2020 – DPP
- 500 pioneer amotekun officers completed training with colourful passing out parade
- Covid-19: United States donates over 200 modern ventilators to Nigerian government
- Labour unions threaten to disrupt MTN operations over alleged anti-labour practices
- Over 5 million people applied for N-Power Batch C – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- Not an all boys club anymore; meet Northern Nigeria’s only female Polo Player
- NECO has released 2020 examination timetable
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others