Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Governor of Delta State, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa and wife, Edith Okowa have tested for Coronavirus.
The Governor announced through his verified twitter account Wednesday, July 1st, 2020.
The post reads; “My wife and I have tested positive for COVID-19. We are well and continuing with our isolation/medication. We thank you all for your continued prayers for us and our daughter.”
NewsWireNGR recalls that the Delta State governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, had on Friday confirmed that one of his daughters tested positive for Coronavirus.
Okowa added that he and his wife, Edith, were now self-isolating for the next 14 days.
The governor’s daughter was among the 106 positive cases in the state that was announced by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control on Thursday night.
“Earlier today, Edith and I received the news that one of our daughters has tested positive for COVID-19.
“Hence, in-line with the laid out procedures, we are both going into isolation for the next 14-days. We will continue to keep you all updated,” Governor Okowa in his verified Twitter handle, said.
- After 15 years, Shoprite considers ending its Nigeria operations
- In Ogun state, parents reject N25,000 COVID-19 test levy for returning students
- $125 million fraud: NNPC to take Mexican oil firm to court
- Taraba is the only state where nobody has died from COVID-19 according to NCDC data
- Breaking: Air Peace allegedly sacks most of its pilots over pay dispute
- Abia Governor sacks commissioner for transport, suspends others
- Lagos boat mishaps: Sack LASWA management, PDP asks Sanwo-Olu
- “Nigeria’s sovereignty may have been traded for foreign loans” – Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar raises alarm
- Osun Government says hotels, bars, and clubs violating COVID-19 protocol to pay N250, 000 fine
- COVID-19: Lagos state government to shut down Eti-Osa and Agidingbi isolation centres