Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Governor of Delta State, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa and wife, Edith Okowa have tested for Coronavirus.
The Governor announced through his verified twitter account Wednesday, July 1st, 2020.
The post reads; “My wife and I have tested positive for COVID-19. We are well and continuing with our isolation/medication. We thank you all for your continued prayers for us and our daughter.”
NewsWireNGR recalls that the Delta State governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, had on Friday confirmed that one of his daughters tested positive for Coronavirus.
Okowa added that he and his wife, Edith, were now self-isolating for the next 14 days.
The governor’s daughter was among the 106 positive cases in the state that was announced by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control on Thursday night.
“Earlier today, Edith and I received the news that one of our daughters has tested positive for COVID-19.
“Hence, in-line with the laid out procedures, we are both going into isolation for the next 14-days. We will continue to keep you all updated,” Governor Okowa in his verified Twitter handle, said.
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis
- Buhari in closed door meeting with President of Benin Republic
- Just in: 3 dead as petrol tanker explodes in Ogun State
- Nigeria is more corrupt today than it was in the past – Pat Utomi
- University of Calabar to resume February 5th
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force