Estimated Reading Time: 1
Niger State government has announced the reduction of salaries and allowances of all Political office holders in the state by 30 percent.
A statement by the Secretary to the State Government Ahmed Ibrahim Matane, on Tuesday, disclosed that the reduction of the salaries is with immediate effect. The Secretary explained that the pay cut in salaries and allowances will also affect the State Governor, the deputy Governor, Commissioners, Special Advisers and other Political Appointees.
“The reduction which is temporary was also in consideration of the economic situation imposed on the State by the Coronavirus pandemic, the State Government would transparently resume full payment of salaries and allowances when the economic situation improves”. Ibrahim Matane said.
The Secretary to the Niger State Government, Ahmed Matane, however, regretted any inconvenience the reduction might cause the affected Officers.
- 6 days after testing positive for COVID-19, Governor Akeredolu says he has recovered
- Federal Government is set to shut the Third Mainland Bridge for six months
- Journalists barred as Magu faces panel in Aso Rock while DSS denies arrest
- DSS has said it did not arrest Mr Ibrahim Magu, EFCC acting chairman
- Fredrick Nwabufo: EFCC’s Magu ‘arrested’: When the hunter becomes the bush meat
- Governor Ganduje of Kano has said that PDP is only interested in looting Edo State Treasury
- National Assembly to hold hearing on sexual and gender based violence in Nigeria
- Anti-Corruption activist; Hamzat Lawal declines NCF invitation
- Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has been arrested by the Department of State Services.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations