Estimated Reading Time: 1
Niger State government has announced the reduction of salaries and allowances of all Political office holders in the state by 30 percent.
A statement by the Secretary to the State Government Ahmed Ibrahim Matane, on Tuesday, disclosed that the reduction of the salaries is with immediate effect. The Secretary explained that the pay cut in salaries and allowances will also affect the State Governor, the deputy Governor, Commissioners, Special Advisers and other Political Appointees.
“The reduction which is temporary was also in consideration of the economic situation imposed on the State by the Coronavirus pandemic, the State Government would transparently resume full payment of salaries and allowances when the economic situation improves”. Ibrahim Matane said.
The Secretary to the Niger State Government, Ahmed Matane, however, regretted any inconvenience the reduction might cause the affected Officers.
- Nigerian education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- MURIC: Yoruba’s must Unite to gain power in 2023
- Just In: Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has tested positive for COVID-19
- Kwara cancels pension to ex-governors signed by Saraki in 2011
- Centre for Liberty demands immediate restoration of access to People‘s Gazette website
- Court orders forfeiture of millions found in Ex-Zamfara State account
- Primary school teachers in Bayelsa threaten strike
- Nollywood actor, Ernest Asuzu has died
- State Capture: Nigeria’s political parties and their associates are malicious – Cheta Nwanze
- Nigeria earned N1.53Trillion from VAT In 2020 – NBS report