Estimated Reading Time: 1
Mohammed Adamu, Nigeria’s Inspector-General of Police, has ordered the Commissioner of Police in Ondo State, Bolaji Salami, to restore the security details of the state’s deputy governor, Agboola Ajayi, with immediate effect.
The directive was contained in a letter issued to the Ondo Police Commissioner through the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Department of Operations, Force headquarters Abuja.
SaharaReporters obtained a copy of the letter on Monday morning with Ref. No CB: 2002/DOPS/FHQ/ABJ/VOL/77/168.
The letter was signed on behalf of the IGP through Mr Austine Agbonlahor, Assistant Inspector-General of Police.
Ajayi had last week Wednesday raised the alarm that security details attached to him and his office were withdrawn by the Nigeria Police Force in the state.
He specifically accused the Commissioner of Police of working on the instructions of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu to withdraw the officers.
- Lagos State Police warn against rallies and protests on October 1
- Federal Executive Council estimates N13.08trn for 2021 fiscal year
- Buhari to address Nigerians for 60th Independence Anniversary
- Just In: Governor Ben Ayade gives out 54 SUVs to LG chairmen, deputies
- Breaking: Emirates airlines resumes flight Operations in Nigeria
- Here’s why the Lagos state Government is cancelling Independence day Parade
- Oba of Benin has asked the PDP not to control Godwin Obaseki
- Former Governor Ayodele Fayose says PDP must retire Olabode George
- Buhari swears in four new permanent secretaries
- Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill passes first reading