Estimated Reading Time: 2
As the war against rape in the country continues, the Katsina state police command says it has arrested over 40 suspected rapists who were also allegedly involved in other crimes across the state from April to June 2020.
Commissioner of Police, Sanusi Buba who stated this while parading the suspects at the command headquarters alongside other suspected criminals said, most of them have been arraigned before different courts in the state and awaiting prosecutions.
The suspects arrested are between the ages of 19 and 70 years involved in the various crimes of both rape and unnatural offences ranging from gang rape, sodomy, murder among others.
At the briefing, the police spokesperson, Gambo Isah said the command has from April to June 2020 arrested over 40 suspected sexual offenders who have committed various crimes against women and young children.
Among the suspects is a 65-year old man, Ibrahim Tasi’u who allegedly raped an 8-year old girl at Magam village in Kankia Local Government Area of the state, after luring the girl into the bush.
Also arrested is another 65-year old man, Abdullahi Inusa of Kasuwar Mata quarters in Funtua Local Government Area for allegedly having canal knowledge of 3 under-aged boys against the order of nature in an uncompleted building.
Another case of interest is also, that of 40-year old Abdulrahman Abdulkarim who killed his 19-year old wife, Wasila Sada at Dabawa Village in Dutsinma area council and dumped her body in a well.
Isah further stated that a 20-year old housewife, Marjanatu Ibrahim was also arrested for allegedly killing her 8-year old stepson by poisoning him. The suspect has however denied committing the crime saying, she only met the boy lying down and decided to carry him to his mother’s room, only for her to be arrested and accused of murder.
The command according to the spokesperson also rescued the abducted 72-year old village head of Barkiya, Magaji Ibrahim in Kurfi Local Government Area after bandits numbering 10 attacked his residence.
He said the village head was rescued after a team of counter-terrorism unit led by the divisional police officer of the area in collaboration with local vigilante group, chased and engaged the bandits in a gun duel.
- Nigeria’s Dapo Olorunyomi, honoured with the International Press Freedom award
- Federal Government will pay salaries of private school teachers – NAPPS
- AGF Abubarkar Malami sues Sahara Reporters
- Just In: FG releases guidelines for schools’ resumption
- NMA wants Nigerians to avoid unnecessary visits or consultations to hospitals to minimise COVID-19 spread
- How Nigeria’s Federal Government, States, LGAs shared N7.8tr in 2019
- Magu-Gate: Prophet Omale responds to money laundering allegations, sues NAN for N1 Billion
- “Publish all tenders and all contracts” – Okonjo-Iweala said she saved billions of dollars as finance minister
- Fire guts World Trade Centre, Abuja
- Former NDDC boss Joi Nunieh accuses Niger Delta minister Akpabio of sexual harassment