Estimated Reading Time: <1
The police in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, have seized Dh150m — N16bn — in cash and more than a dozen luxury cars from Nigerian Instagram celebrity, Raymond Abbas known as Hushpuppi.
In a video shared by the police, officers explained how they arrested Hushpuppi and his gangs, who are accused of Internet scam.
Hushpuppi’s principal scam was to create websites that looked identical to well-known companies and banks, it was alleged.
A total of 1,926,400 victims were said to have been targeted by the syndicate in a scheme that spanned several months.
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local vaccine production
- A Traditional Ruler in Adamawa has been kidnapped
- Kano enforces COVID-19 restrictions; civil servants to stay home, viewing centres shut down
- Kaduna University will reopen January 25 – VC
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms