Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Plateau State Research team on Covid-19 and other Infectious Diseases recently inaugurated by Governor Simon Lalong has said that 13 plants in the State have shown possible antiviral activities against severe acute respiratory syndrome.
This was made known at a news briefing by the Lead Researcher and Team Chairman, Professor Noel Wannang in Jos, the state capital.
He says out of the 13 well known plants that have the key to kill the virus, 10 of them have been selected.
The team has also developed protocols for the management of Covid-19 patients using conventional medicines and for fear of self-medication and drug misuse, the protocols will be submitted to the necessary authorities for immediate implementation.
Although the discovery brings hope, especially with the increase in the number of Covid-19 patients in Plateau State and Nigeria, citizens are still expected to compliment such efforts by doing the needful to stop the spread of the virus.
- Nigeria’s Dapo Olorunyomi, honoured with the International Press Freedom award
- Federal Government will pay salaries of private school teachers – NAPPS
- AGF Abubarkar Malami sues Sahara Reporters
- Just In: FG releases guidelines for schools’ resumption
- NMA wants Nigerians to avoid unnecessary visits or consultations to hospitals to minimise COVID-19 spread
- How Nigeria’s Federal Government, States, LGAs shared N7.8tr in 2019
- Magu-Gate: Prophet Omale responds to money laundering allegations, sues NAN for N1 Billion
- “Publish all tenders and all contracts” – Okonjo-Iweala said she saved billions of dollars as finance minister
- Fire guts World Trade Centre, Abuja
- Former NDDC boss Joi Nunieh accuses Niger Delta minister Akpabio of sexual harassment