Estimated Reading Time: 1
The leadership of Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), has appealed to the National Association of Resident Doctors, to call-off their strike for the sake of national interest.
Chairman of the forum and Governor Ekiti State made the appeal after a meeting with the executives of the association in Abuja.
The executives of the National Association of Resident Doctors were at the NGF Secretariat Abuja on Thursday at the invitation of the Director-General of the Forum, Mr Asishana Okauru, where they met with the Chairman, Nigeria Governors’ Forum Dr Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti state and Governor Ayo Makinde of Oyo to express their grievances.
Dr Fayemi appealed to the Resident Doctors to call off the strike with a promise that governors will sit in a week’s time to consider their grievances with a view to finding a lasting solution to their problems.
The Resident Doctors, who were led by their president, Dr Aliyu Sokomba and other executives, left the NGF Secretariat with a promise to consult with members of the Association on the appealed of the governors on the ongoing strike.
- Afenifere and Ohaneze Ndigbo beg thugs to cease looting #EndSARS
- Osun State Government revokes suspended curfew, declares another 24 hour lockdown
- Angry mob invade and rob senator’s residence in Ibadan
- Fredrick Nwabufo: ‘Hoodlums’ – the new title for hired thugs and unknown soldiers
- US considers visa restriction on officials culpable in the shooting of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Toll Plaza
- Oyigbo town has become IPOB’s main operational base in Rivers State – Governor Wike
- #EndSARS: Super Eagles’ John Ogu ask players to boycott games
- Wizkid announced as new face of Puma sportswear
- COVID-19 palliative looting: We do not have authority to distribute without approval from Abuja – Osun committee explains
- #EndSARS: Human Rights Commission calls for submission of complaints