Estimated Reading Time: <1
Edo State governor, Godwin Obaseki is currently at the headquarters of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for screening ahead of the gubernatorial primary of Thursday.
The governor, who announced his defection to the opposition party on Thursday, has been granted waiver to contest the primary.
The All Progressives Congress (APC) had disqualified him from participating in its primary over what the party termed “defective” certificates.
It also granted the governor and his deputy, Philip Shuaibu, waivers to contest election on the platform of the party.
Earlier, three aspirants, Gideon Ikhine, Ogbeide Ihama, and Kenneth Imansuangbon, had been screened by the screening committee.
- Violence in Kwara: Governor imposes fresh curfews in Offa, Erin-Ile
- Drug lords responsible for funding terrorism in Nigeria – Senate President
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife to death
- I can count 187 times President Buhari has said he will end banditry without results – Fayose
- ‘Amotekun will be deployed to protect COVID-19 vaccines in Ogun’ says Governor Dapo Abiodun
- Shortly after the release of school girls, terrorists abduct over 60 – burn Zamfara town
- Ogun State deputy speaker impeached over thuggery allegations
- Federal Government says States that have not met the criteria for vaccine safety will not get doses
- Just in: Buhari, Osinbajo to be publicly vaccinated on Saturday
- Jangebe schoolgirls: Reunion turns violent as security operatives shoot protesters