Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Adamawa Secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Anthony Elishama, has been suspended for three months over alleged mismanagement of N1.350 million.
The association also directed the suspended scribe to refund the amount within the period of his suspension.
Mr Elishama was further asked to return all official properties, including vehicle and documents, to the secretatiat.
This is contained in a statement issued by Stephen Mamza, a bishop and the state Chairman of the association, a copy of which was made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday in Yola.
Mr Mamza said that Mr Elishama’s suspension followed the unanimous decision adopted during the state executive meeting of the association held on Thursday.
“Mr Anthony Elishama suspension is as a result of mismanaging of funds belonging to the Nigerian Inter-Religious Council (NIREC) to the tune of N1.350 million (one million three hundred and fifty thousand naira).
“The state executive of Christians Association of Nigeria expressed disappointment by the secretary’s action,” Mr Mamza explained.
The Bishop noted that the present leadership of CAN in the state had zero tolerance to any type of financial indiscipline.
He said that the secretary’s suspension would take effect from June 20, 2020, pending the state executive committee final decision on the issue.
“The suspended Secretary must refund the money to CAN within the period of his suspension.
“He should also immediately summit all the Association’s documents and properties, including the official car at his possession, to CAN Secretariat administration,” the statement read in part. (NAN)
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by For allegedly mismanaging N1.350 million, CAN Suspends Adamawa Secretary and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- US President-elect Joe Biden announces all-female senior press team
- 7 people have been killed as fresh violence erupts in Kaduna
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor