Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Deputy National Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Victor Giadom, has taken over as the party’s Acting National Chairman.
This development followed an Appeal Court ruling which upheld the suspension of Adams Oshiomhole as the party’s National Chairman
While addressing a news conference at the headquarters of the party in Abuja, on Monday, Giadom said the decision of the screening committee on the Edo Governorship primary is thus cancelled.
He called on all aspirants to report for a fresh screening between today (Wednesday) and tomorrow (Thursday).
According to him, it is against the law of natural justice for the suspended chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole to have presided over the screening exercise in the Edo Governorship primary when he is an interested party.
Mr. Giadom explained that he has taken over based on a previous court order empowering him to do so.
According to him, he has the backing of the members of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC).
- Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen is legal – Femi Falana
- Former AGF, Abdullahi Ibrahim dies of COVID-19 complications
- COVID-19: Lagos state has started conversations with Pfizer for vaccines – Sanwo-Olu
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism