Estimated Reading Time: 1
The All Progressives Congress has named former Oyo State governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, as its acting National Chairman.
APC in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu, said it had received the news indicating that the Appeal Court had upheld the suspension of the party’s National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, by an FCT High Court pending the determination of the substantive suit.
The statement reads, “Guided by advice from the party’s legal department in line with the provisions of Section 14.2. (iii) of the party’s constitution, the Deputy National Chairman (South), Sen. Abiola Ajimobi will serve as the party’s Acting National Chairman.
According to Section 14.2. (iii) of the APC constitution, the Deputy National Chairman, North/South shall act as the National Chairman in the absence of the National Chairman from his zone.”
Recall that Ajimobi is in a critical condition at a private hospital in Lagos as a result of Coronavirus complications.
The former Oyo State governor was a few weeks ago rushed to the facility after his health condition deteriorated and has since remained at the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital with doctors are said to be making frantic efforts to save his life.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students