Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Anambra State axis of the River Niger Bridge on Friday morning was reportedly gutted by fire.
It was gathered the fire emanated from a truck that went in inflames on the bridge.
The Public Relations Officer of the Federal Road Safety Corps in Anambra State, Paschal Anigbo, confirmed the incident.
He said, “A truck is currently on fire on the River Niger Bridge, this morning Friday 5 June, 2020.
“The Fire Service has been contacted.”
Following the enforcement order of border closure, hundreds of travellers in and out of the Bridge from both the Delta and Anambra end had been stranded at the bridge head.
Commuters and travellers were reportedly barred from entry or leaving Delta or Anambra.
Heavy-duty trucks, buses and cars stretched over two kilometres on the busy Onitsha-Benin Expressway as they were stopped by security agents from entry or leaving the State.
- Nigeria declares public holiday for Eid-El-Maulud Celebration
- Buhari re-appoints INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu for another 5-year-term
- We must regulate social media – Nigerian govt insists making reference to #EndSARS protests
- 2 years after, judge throws out case against 57 Lagos men accused of homosexuality
- #EndSARS Protest: Finding a Pathway to Sustainable Peace and Development
- Supreme Court struck out a suit over disputed Soku oilfield – here’s why
- Breaking: Lagos govt approves reopening of markets across the state
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Does the FCT have a minister?
- Breaking: Long queues of petrol return to filling stations in Abuja
- Breaking: Hoodlums are currently looting the NYSC office in Abuja