Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Anambra State axis of the River Niger Bridge on Friday morning was reportedly gutted by fire.
It was gathered the fire emanated from a truck that went in inflames on the bridge.
The Public Relations Officer of the Federal Road Safety Corps in Anambra State, Paschal Anigbo, confirmed the incident.
He said, “A truck is currently on fire on the River Niger Bridge, this morning Friday 5 June, 2020.
“The Fire Service has been contacted.”
Following the enforcement order of border closure, hundreds of travellers in and out of the Bridge from both the Delta and Anambra end had been stranded at the bridge head.
Commuters and travellers were reportedly barred from entry or leaving Delta or Anambra.
Heavy-duty trucks, buses and cars stretched over two kilometres on the busy Onitsha-Benin Expressway as they were stopped by security agents from entry or leaving the State.
- Three persons have died and nine injured following a building collapse in Lagos
- Domestic flights resumed at the local wing of Port Harcourt
- Nigerian lady advertised for sale on Facebook in Lebanon, on her way home
- “We ride together, we die together, bad marriage for life” -Will Smith and Jada Smith address affair with Singer August
- Osun SSG, Prince Wole Oyebamiji recovers from Coronavirus
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away
- Recovered loots ‘relooted’ must be ‘re-recovered’ – Former Governor Ayodele Fayose said Ibrahim Magu, sold recovered assets under his watch to his associates
- Nigeria evacuating stranded citizens in Malaysia and Thailand
- How Nigerian Immigration stopped 58 doctors from travelling to the United Kingdom