Estimated Reading Time: 1
Some gunmen in the early hours of Wednesday invaded Tudu village in Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna State, killing no fewer than nine persons.
The latest killing is coming after an attack on some communities in the same local government where the Southern Kaduna Peoples Union alleged that no fewer than 30 decomposed bodies of its members were found in the bush.
Punch Newspaper is reporting that, several other people were injured in the fresh attack which took place around 5:00am on Wednesday.
According to the source, the gunmen invaded the village and started shooting indiscriminately while the residents scampered for safety.
“Yes, there was an attack on Tudu village in Agwala Dutse at about 5:00am today(Wednesday) and several people were killed and several others too sustained injuries,” he said.
Although the Kaduna Police have not confirmed the latest attack, the Kajuru Local Government Chairman, Mr. Cafra Caino, said nine people lost their lives in the attack.
He said the timely intervention of security operatives prevented more casualties in the attack.
He said, “We have once again been set back in our confidence building effort and peace engagements after Tudu village in Agwala Dutse general area was attacked this morning.
“It is confirmed that nine lives were lost in the attack. A detailed inventory of casualties is being taken.
“My heart goes out to all the families affected; may God grant the souls of the victims eternal rest.
“The position of Kajuru LGA remains that all communities must recourse to the law as against engaging in killings and reprisals.
“I also passionately implore all and sundry to unite to win this war against criminality in our Local Government Council.
“The council will not relent in its commitment to end the violence but success can only be achieved with the support of every peace-loving citizen.”
- APC Suspension: ‘A joke taken too far’ says Fayemi
- Auschwitz museum director begs Buhari for 13 year old boy jailed for blasphemy
- Tiv/Jukun conflict: Governor Ishaku urges fleeing communities to return home
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed