Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki, has arrived at the National Secretariat of the All Progressives Congress to submit his governorship expression of interest and nomination forms.
The governor upon his arrival, proceeded into the office of the National Organising Secretary, Emma Ibediro.
NewsWireNGR recalls that the embattled governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki, on Monday, visited President Muhammadu Buhari to present his form seeking re-election on the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC).
Mr Obaseki, who is in a political battle with the APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, told the president he has the support of Edo indigenes for his re-election.
The visit to the president comes weeks ahead of the June 22 APC governorship primary.
Mr Obaseki’s main challenger for the APC ticket is Osagie Ize-Iyamu who is believed to have the backing of Mr Oshiomhole, a former Edo governor.
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries