Estimated Reading Time: 1
Bauchi state deputy governor, Senator Baba Tela, has been confirmed positive for COVID?19. Senator Tela contracted the disease in the line of duty as Chairman State Task Force on COVID-19.
The state governor, Senator Bala Mohammed revealed the information on his official Twitter page.
According to the statement, the Deputy Governor has since been placed in isolation, and medical professionals are managing his situation.
He also said primary contacts have immediately been tested by the Nigeria centre for disease control (NCDC), and they have been advised to remain in isolation pending their results.
According to the latest NCDC update on the status of COVID-19 in Nigeria, Bauchi has only one confirmed case on record.
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor
- Minister, Godswill Akpabio denies collecting N500m NDDC projects
- Kiki Osinbajo responds to allegations of N800m property ownership
- Breaking: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins PDP
- Buhari appoints Mohammed Umar as acting chairman of the EFCC
- President Buhari signs revised N10.8trn 2020 budget into law