Estimated Reading Time: 1
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has said the lockdown occasioned by the coronavirus pandemic would produce “great things”.
The 78-year-old cleric stated this on Sunday during a sermon broadcast live via the church’s media, DOVE TV.
Adeboye, who traced lockdown to the era of biblical characters like Joseph, Elijah, David, John the beloved, and many others, said one of the “great things” that would come out of the lockdown is an increase in birthrate all over the world.
He said, “A lot of great things are going to come out of this lockdown. Let me advise those of you who are pastors – you are resting now; I am busy. Get ready because early next year, you’ll be having a lot of naming ceremonies. You’ll be going from house to house naming newborn babies as a result of the lockdown.”
He noted that the rate of coronavirus recoveries across the globe is “amazing”, saying the percentage of discharged patients is less than one-tenth of the associated deaths recorded.
“Aren’t you amazed at the number of those released compared to people who died? Check all over the world, you’ll find out that the number is less than those who have been healed.
“If you do a scientific study, you’ll find out that the number of people who had died as a result of coronavirus is far less than those who died by accidents and other means,” he said.
- NNPC Sacks 850 Oil Workers – PENGASSAN
- Kwara Governor invites EFCC to probe Kwara LG funds
- Over 200 Lagos doctors have been infected with COVID-19 – Medical Guild
- Decapitated, dismembered body of Gokada CEO found in NYC apartment
- Nigeria’s first female combat helicopter pilot has died
- Enugu airport will reopen August 30
- Goodluck Jonathan appointed ECOWAS apecial envoy to Mali
- Lagos lawmakers directed to undergo COVID-19 test
- American woman rescued after being held by Nigerian facebook lover for more than a year
- House propose 5-year ban from partisan politics for ex-electoral officials