Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Minister of State for Petroleum, Timipre Sylva has announced the appointment of Dr Ya’u Usman Idris as the Director-General of Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority (NNRC).
The announcement was made in a statement signed by Garba Deen Muhammad, Group General Manager and SA Media to the Minister.
The appointment was approved by President Muhammadu Buhari. The Minister who congratulated the new DG also urged him to work hard to justify the confidence reposed in him.
Dr Idris had served as Kaduna State Commissioner of Environment and Natural Resources and before joining the NNRA was a Lecturer/Researcher in Physics with Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and University of Maiduguri for a total of 15 years.
Currently, Dr Idris is the Vice-Chairman of the Forum of Nuclear Regulatory Bodies in Africa (FNRBA) having served as the Secretary of the Forum. He is an Advisory Board Member for the Africa Nuclear Business Platform (AFNBP).
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis