Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Minister of State for Petroleum, Timipre Sylva has announced the appointment of Dr Ya’u Usman Idris as the Director-General of Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority (NNRC).
The announcement was made in a statement signed by Garba Deen Muhammad, Group General Manager and SA Media to the Minister.
The appointment was approved by President Muhammadu Buhari. The Minister who congratulated the new DG also urged him to work hard to justify the confidence reposed in him.
Dr Idris had served as Kaduna State Commissioner of Environment and Natural Resources and before joining the NNRA was a Lecturer/Researcher in Physics with Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and University of Maiduguri for a total of 15 years.
Currently, Dr Idris is the Vice-Chairman of the Forum of Nuclear Regulatory Bodies in Africa (FNRBA) having served as the Secretary of the Forum. He is an Advisory Board Member for the Africa Nuclear Business Platform (AFNBP).
- Nigeria declares public holiday for Eid-El-Maulud Celebration
- Buhari re-appoints INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu for another 5-year-term
- We must regulate social media – Nigerian govt insists making reference to #EndSARS protests
- 2 years after, judge throws out case against 57 Lagos men accused of homosexuality
- #EndSARS Protest: Finding a Pathway to Sustainable Peace and Development
- Supreme Court struck out a suit over disputed Soku oilfield – here’s why
- Breaking: Lagos govt approves reopening of markets across the state
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Does the FCT have a minister?
- Breaking: Long queues of petrol return to filling stations in Abuja
- Breaking: Hoodlums are currently looting the NYSC office in Abuja