Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Minister of State for Petroleum, Timipre Sylva has announced the appointment of Dr Ya’u Usman Idris as the Director-General of Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority (NNRC).
The announcement was made in a statement signed by Garba Deen Muhammad, Group General Manager and SA Media to the Minister.
The appointment was approved by President Muhammadu Buhari. The Minister who congratulated the new DG also urged him to work hard to justify the confidence reposed in him.
Dr Idris had served as Kaduna State Commissioner of Environment and Natural Resources and before joining the NNRA was a Lecturer/Researcher in Physics with Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and University of Maiduguri for a total of 15 years.
Currently, Dr Idris is the Vice-Chairman of the Forum of Nuclear Regulatory Bodies in Africa (FNRBA) having served as the Secretary of the Forum. He is an Advisory Board Member for the Africa Nuclear Business Platform (AFNBP).
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor
- Minister, Godswill Akpabio denies collecting N500m NDDC projects
- Kiki Osinbajo responds to allegations of N800m property ownership
- Breaking: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins PDP
- Buhari appoints Mohammed Umar as acting chairman of the EFCC
- President Buhari signs revised N10.8trn 2020 budget into law