Estimated Reading Time: 2
The Federal Ministry of Information and Culture has assured Nigerians of its commitment to effective dissemination of information to curb the spread of Covid-19 in the country.
The Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed stated this at the daily joint press briefing by the Presidential Task Force on Covid-19 in Abuja.
The strategies include the production of 25 Radio and Television jingles on the following:
- a) General information of Covid-19
- b) Use of Face Masks
- c) Burial protocol
- d) Testimonials by Covid-19 survivors
- e) Mass gathering.
All the jingles done in English have been translated into Pidgin, Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba.
The jingles produced by the Ministry are currently running on 10 Television channels. They include:
TVC: in between the programme ‘Your View’ from 9am to 10:30am and within the 7pm news.
AIT: before the 8pm news.
TV -Prime time Nollywood movies.
Nigbati – StarTimes.
Dadin Kowa –StarTimes and StarTimes Guide.
Liberty TV – both Hausa and English channels.
“The jingles are also running on 40 radio stations across the country
with states like Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja having more
than one radio station airing the jingles. In addition, we also have
support from 40 community and campus radio stations across the country awaiting our jingles.
“We have also provided airing for the NCDC and its partners to broadcast the jingles they produced on messaging for the physically challenged (deaf and dumb) and the use of face mask on all the channels”, the minister said.
Radio jingles on various thematic areas in the fight against Covid-19 produced by the NCDC and its partners in Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Kanuri, Fulani, Nupe, Gbagyi, Tiv, Ibibio and Igala are being aired on radio stations in the states where the languages are spoken.
“We also broadcast various creatives developed by the PTF on the Ramadan and the observance of the Eid, lock down protocol, asymptomatic Covid-19 patients on radio stations and social media handles of the ministry”, he said.
Alhaji Mohammed further said that the revised ease of lock down protocol by the PTF was published by the Ministry in six national dailies across the geopolitical zones:
The Sun, The Nation, People’s Daily, Tribune, Leadership and Vanguard
“Our aggressive and sustained campaign on social media has gained traction. In the last five days alone, some of the videos we posted have been viewed over 1,068,614 times”, he added.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://www.paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- “I did not campaign against subsidy” – Pastor Tunde Bakare
- Fredrick Nwabufo: The injurious lies in Buhari’s Independence Day speech
- Protesters besiege the US embassy Abuja, demands Buhari’s resignation
- “Governance is not magic” – Babatunde Fashola says Nigerians are looking for results in the wrong place
- “It makes no sense for oil to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia” – Buhari
- Just In: No fewer than 20 #RevolutionNow protesters arrested in Lagos
- Cheta Nwanze: Between the bar and the bench
- Tinubu says Lagos is an example of the success story of Nigeria
- Nigeria At 60: Let the Nigerian youth keep sleeping
- Nigeria’s diversity can be built on, to become a source of strength – CDD