Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 has announced that three out of the numerous claims of COVID-19 herbal cures have been identified and forwarded to relevant authorities for further investigation and validation.
The Chairman of the PTF, Boss Mustapha made the announcement on Wednesday while briefing journalists in Abuja.
He said the validation was made by the Federal Ministry of Health after holding a virtual meeting with Nigerian Researchers and Scientists.
He noted that the decision to meet with the researchers was also prompted by the incidents of mysterious deaths in Kano and some other cities.
“The occurrences in Kano and some other cities have given cause to launch our research initiatives using existing structures and systems in a manner that will build a legacy and prepare Nigeria for any future pandemic.
“As a measure of the importance attached to research and development of local capacity for finding a cure for COVID-19, the Federal Ministry of health held a virtual meeting with a number of researchers and scientists with claims to cure COVID-19.
“Out of the numerous claims, three were found to deserve further investigation and we have forwarded them to the relevant authorities for appropriate review,” the SGF said.
He added that efforts are equally being made to meet inventors of locally fabricated COVID-19 equipment.
“Similarly, efforts are being made by the Ministry of Science and Technology to subject a good number of locally fabricated COVID-19 equipment for verification and subsequent certification”.
The PTF Chairman stressed that the subject of research is central to the PTF and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is willing to support research efforts.
He, therefore, urged researchers to take up the challenge and come boldly forward with their innovation.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://www.paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Doctors in Lagos State begin warning strike on Monday
- National Theatre handed over to bankers’ committee for renovation
- LASG seals 33 hotels, bars, restaurants, others for violating reopening protocols
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19
- NCDC certifies Kwara for COVID-19 testing
- Magu-Gate: Meet Pastor Emmanuel Omale; Prophet named in alleged money laundering report
- More trouble in Ondo as workers threaten strike over unpaid salary arrears
- Parents, Teachers association to meet with FG over cancelled WAEC
- 356 soldiers in the North-East and other theatres of operations tender resignation letters, citing “loss of interest”
- No testing for Covid-19 in Cross River State on weekends – NMA complains