Estimated Reading Time: 1
Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Umara Zulum on Sunday joined muslims for Eid prayers under strict social distancing and use of face masks by worshippers.
The Governor alongside the Shehu of Borno, Abubakar Ibn Umar Garbai Al-Amin Elkanemi and top government officials were led in the performance of two raka’at prayers, by the Imam Idaini of Borno, Imam Shetima Mamman Shettima Saleh.
The Eid prayers held at the Ramat square, a large field with capacity for tens of thousands of persons.
Khutbah (Islamic sermon), normally delivered by the Imam was shortened as part of measures to avoid delays of keeping people. He called for unity amongst citizens with prayers for end to COVID-19.
He also called on the Muslim Ummah to imbibe the teachings learnt in the month of Ramadan.
At the end of the Eid, Governor Zulum at the Government House urged citizens to sustain prayers against the pandemic and for the return of peace.
The Governor, whose message was delivered by his Chief of Staff, Dr. Babagana Wakil, congratulated Muslims for successful completion of the Ramadan fast and prayed for the attainment of full reward and Allah’s continued glory.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://www.paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Presidency says N-Power beneficiaries can now get permanent jobs
- Pogba shoots Manchester United to top of Premier League
- Fact Check: Tweet urging Nigerians to register for NIN or get banned is from a parody account
- After 6 days in captivity, Bauchi House of Assembly member has been released
- All Nigerians have the right to live in Oyo State – Seyi Makinde
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States