Estimated Reading Time: 1
Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Umara Zulum on Sunday joined muslims for Eid prayers under strict social distancing and use of face masks by worshippers.
The Governor alongside the Shehu of Borno, Abubakar Ibn Umar Garbai Al-Amin Elkanemi and top government officials were led in the performance of two raka’at prayers, by the Imam Idaini of Borno, Imam Shetima Mamman Shettima Saleh.
The Eid prayers held at the Ramat square, a large field with capacity for tens of thousands of persons.
Khutbah (Islamic sermon), normally delivered by the Imam was shortened as part of measures to avoid delays of keeping people. He called for unity amongst citizens with prayers for end to COVID-19.
He also called on the Muslim Ummah to imbibe the teachings learnt in the month of Ramadan.
At the end of the Eid, Governor Zulum at the Government House urged citizens to sustain prayers against the pandemic and for the return of peace.
The Governor, whose message was delivered by his Chief of Staff, Dr. Babagana Wakil, congratulated Muslims for successful completion of the Ramadan fast and prayed for the attainment of full reward and Allah’s continued glory.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://www.paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Trump, Biden exchange words in chaotic first presidential debate
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances