Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) on Friday congratulated the Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar 111 and all Muslims for the completion of Ramadan.
CAN General Secretary, Joseph Daramola, in a statement in Lagos, also congratulated the Sultan who is Head of Jama’atul Nasril Islam (JNI) and President-General, the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA).
“As we appreciate your coming to the end of this year’s Ramadan prayers, we implore you all not to cease from continuously praying for the peace, unity and stability of our country.
“We wish to encourage Muslims in Nigeria and the world to continue to pray for a speedy end of COVID-19 in the entire world to which the CAN is also fully committed.
“We commend Nigerians for their cooperation with the government so far in the attempts being made to curtail the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, in spite of all the inconveniences and hardships.
“Our prayer is that those who are sick of the pandemic will recover very soon and those who lost their loved ones will be comforted by the Almighty God,” he said.
He also prayed that God helps everyone to continue to keep to the rules and regulations which the government had put in place to stop the spread of the pandemic.
“We also pray that Nigerians, irrespective of religious affiliations and ethnic identities, will continue to live righteously and harmoniously, even after this annual spiritual exercise.
“Finally, we wish Your Eminence, the Muslim faithful and indeed the Federal Republic Nigeria, Happy Eid-el-Fitri. God bless you,” Mr Daramola prayed.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://www.paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Fredrick Nwabufo: The injurious lies in Buhari’s Independence Day speech
- Protesters besiege the US embassy Abuja, demands Buhari’s resignation
- “Governance is not magic” – Babatunde Fashola says Nigerians are looking for results in the wrong place
- “It makes no sense for oil to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia” – Buhari
- Just In: No fewer than 20 #RevolutionNow protesters arrested in Lagos
- Cheta Nwanze: Between the bar and the bench
- Tinubu says Lagos is an example of the success story of Nigeria
- Nigeria At 60: Let the Nigerian youth keep sleeping
- Nigeria’s diversity can be built on, to become a source of strength – CDD
- Nigeria@60: Full text of President Buhari’s Independence Anniversary Speech