Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigeria on Friday recorded 245 new cases of the novel coronavirus, bringing total infections in the country to 7,261.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control confirmed the new figures in a tweet via its verified handle.
According to the NCDC, 131 of the new cases came from Lagos, 16 from Jigawa, 13 from Ogun, 12 from Borno and nine each from Kaduna, Oyo, Rivers and Ebonyi.
Here’s a breakdown of the figures…
“245 new cases of #COVID19; 131-Lagos 16-Jigawa 13-Ogun 12-Borno 9-Kaduna 9-Oyo 9-Rivers 9-Ebonyi 8-Kano 7-Kwara 5-Katsina 3-Akwa Ibom 3-Sokoto 2-Bauchi 2-Yobe 1-Anambra 1-Gombe 1-Niger 1-Ondo 1-Plateau 1-FCT 1-Bayelsa 7261 cases of #COVID19 in Nigeria Discharged: 2007 Deaths: 221″…
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to http://paystack.com/pay/newswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest