Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has warned against mass gathering in Lagos, Kano, Abuja and Ogun as Muslim faithful prepare to celebrate Eid el-Fitr on Monday and Tuesday.
The Nigerian Police Force, the IGP, who advised Nigerians to go about their Eid el-Fitr celebrations bearing in mind the unusual times occasioned by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, vowed to leave no stone unturned towards the due enforcement of the order.
A statement by Force spokesperson, Frank Mba, said, “The Inspector-General of Police, M.A Adamu, has congratulated Nigerians as the Muslim Ummah in the country celebrate this year’s Eid el-Fitr.
“The IGP notes that with citizens’ collective perseverance and voluntary compliance with the prevention regulations emplaced by governments at all levels, the nation will surely overcome the COVID-19 pandemic.
“It therefore enjoins citizens to observe the Eid celebrations bearing in mind the unusual times occasioned by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic as the Force will leave no stone unturned towards the due enforcement of the orders.”
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to http://paystack.com/pay/newswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others
- Abubakar Malami denies corruption allegations; writes to Buhari
- Covid-19: Lagos council demands fumigation fees, certificates from churches
- Hollywood actor Antonio Banderas tests positive for COVID-19
- Breaking: Federal High Court orders substituted service of disqualification suit on Ize-Iyamu
- Civil servants on levels 12, 13 have been directed to resume work
- EiE opens ‘Hacking the Nigeria Code’ online course for citizen engagement
- There could be regrets; Federal Government warns as COVID-19 deaths approach 1,000
- 4.36 million oil barrels lost to power outage, others – NNPC
- Nigeria launches project in Osun to begin gold mining and refining in 2021