Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari will observe his Eid prayers with his family members at home and will not to going to the traditional End ground as a result of the nationwide COVID-19 Lockdown.
Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President, said this is in observance of the lockdown measures in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, put in place “to save lives and protect people from all dangers”.
He said, “With the Eid-el-Fitr celebrations around the corner and the month-long Ramadan fast coming to an end, President Muhammadu Buhari will be conducting his Eid prayers with his family at home. President Buhari and his family.
“This is in observance of the lockdown measures in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, put in place “to save lives and protect people from all dangers.
“This is also in line with the directive of the Sultan of Sokoto and President General of the Jama’atu Nasril Islam, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III suspending Eid congregational prayers across the country as well as the protocol against mass gathering issued by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19.
“Further to this, the President who has traditionally shared the joyous moment with top government officials, political leaders, community heads, Muslim and Christian religious leaders and children, will not be receiving these homages in a bid to stop the Coronavirus from further spreading.”
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to http://paystack.com/pay/newswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Sell petrol at old rate until PPPRA gives directive, IPMAN tells members
- #Revolutionow protesters in Osun may be locked up for 14 days as DSS obtains detention order
- Governor Seyi Makinde approves N59.7 Million for Amotekun
- Nigeria, along with other ILO Member countries, ratify convention on child labour
- Health workers in Bauchi to begin strike on Thursday
- Association of aircraft pilots and engineers threaten to shut down all airlines over sacked pilots
- Arrested #RevolutionNow protesters released; they violated COVID-19 protocols says FCTA
- Edo Elections: Deputy governor accuses Oshiomhole of N80 million bribe to lawmakers
- Edo State Deputy Speaker impeached
- Kaduna state government is not aware of any land grabbing incidents says Governor El-Rufai