Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari has signed an executive order for compliance with granting financial autonomy to states legislature and judiciary in Nigeria.
The order signed is to implement the provisions of the constitution that allows for financial autonomy for states assembly and the Judiciary.
The President wrote on twitter Friday, “Based on the power vested in me under Section 5 of the 1999 Constitution (as Amended), I, today, signed into law Executive Order No. 10 of 2020 for the implementation of Financial Autonomy of State Legislature and State Judiciary”.
“This administration will continue to do everything to strengthen the principles and practice of democracy and democratic governance in Nigeria.”
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to http://paystack.com/pay/newswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Group condemns blasphemy death sentence by Kano sharia Court
- Foreign Affairs Minister, Geoffrey Onyeama recovers from COVID-19
- Osun-Osogbo festival 2020 has been cancelled
- Former Abia Governor, Theodore Orji denies ownership of properties investigated by EFCC
- FIRS, NIPOST fight ‘unnecessary and unhelpful’ says FIRS boss as Reps intervene
- DSS invites Obadiah Mailafia for alleging that Governors are sponsoring Boko Haram
- Protesters in Mali are demanding the President’s resignation
- Nigeria is expecting arms shipment from US, China, Jordan says Buhari
- Ondo Election: Sanwo-Olu heads APC campaign committee
- Insurgency: NAF to establish Base, deploy air assets in Gombe