Estimated Reading Time: 1
The National Economic Council meeting is currently holding its monthly session chaired by Vice president Yemi Osinbajo at the presidential villa in Abuja.
This is the fourth meeting between the vice president and state governors this year and the first virtual meeting since the outbreak of Corona Virus pandemic in Nigeria.
Governors joined online from their respective states to deliberate on economic issues as it affects them and they will also discuss their various response plan to the corona virus and how their economies are adjusting to
this new reality.
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is also in charge of steering the Economic Sustainability Committee set up by President Muhammadu Buhari to formulate policies that will keep the economic functioning in the post COVID-19 era.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://www.paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- House of Reps endorse Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for World Trade Organisation DG
- Nigerian Army has approved new postings and appointments of 37 generals and five colonels
- FG Kicks off 774,000 Jobs programme suspended by the national assembly
- Senate passes bill prescribing life imprisonment for kidnappers – Removes gender restrictions, says men or women can be raped
- Governor Okowa, wife, daughter test negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Bayelsa Governor Douye Diri wins at Supreme Court against Timi Alaibe
- Nigerian Government scrambles for oxygen as COVID-19 deaths rise
- Supreme Court affirms virtual court hearing
- Lagos asks striking doctors to resume work
- Nigeria’s Dapo Olorunyomi, honoured with the International Press Freedom award