Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Government has declared Monday and Tuesday – May 25 and 26, 2020 – as public holidays to mark Eid-el-Fitri celebration.
The Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, made the announcement on behalf of the Federal Government.
This was contained in a press statement by the Director of Press in the Ministry, Mohammed Manga, on Thursday.
Aregbesola in a media statement expressed concern over the spate of ethnic conflicts that has resurfaced in some parts of Northern Nigeria in recent times.
He advised “Nigerians to see themselves as a single entity and learn to tolerate one another despite their ethnic and religious differences”.
Aregbesola further assured Nigerians that the regime of the President Muhammadu Buhari was fully committed to battling COVID-19.
He called on Muslim faithful “to replicate the life of kindness, love, tolerance, peace and good neighbourliness as exemplified by the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW)”.
The minister also advised Nigerians to take responsibility against the spread of the COVID-19.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://www.paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Nigerian broadcasting regulator warns media against reporting #EndSARS and that is why you can’t watch #GenocideAtLekkiTollGate but you should read this
- Lekki massacre: Who gave the order? #EndSARS
- Breaking: Armed security officials fire live bullets at thousands of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate in Lagos
- Flight operations at the Murtala Mohammed Airport suspended
- Nigerian senate asks Buhari to Immediately address citizens #EndSARS
- Breaking: IGP deploys anti-riot policemen nationwide
- Just In: All Progressives Congress leader wants court to shutdown twitter in Nigeria
- Tension as hoodlums set ablaze another police station in Lagos State
- Speaker Gbajabiamila says he will not sign the 2021 Appropriation Bill until … #EndSARS
- Breaking: Lagos Government declares curfew over #EndSARS protests