Estimated Reading Time: 1
Three of the returnees recently evacuated from Dubai have tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Commissioner for Health in Lagos State, Professor Akin Abayomi, announced this on Sunday via his Twitter handle.
He said the evacuees tested positive following a test conducted on them and have been admitted to the COVID-19 care centre for appropriate treatment protocols.
According to Professor Abayomi, the state will continue to adhere strictly to quarantine protocols and enforce necessary precautionary measures in order to contain the spread of the pandemic.
“Three of the returnees recently evacuated from Dubai have tested positive for #COVID19 infection following #COVID19 test conducted on them.
Those affected have been admitted to @followlasg #COVID19 care centre for appropriate treatment protocols” – Abayomi wrote..
He appealed to the residents of the state, particularly those who recently returned to the country to cooperate with the government’s COVID-19 response team at all times.
“I again urge Lagos residents and particularly those who recently returned to the country to cooperate with our #COVID19 response team as may be desirable at all times and in all circumstances”.
Let’s continue to #StaySafe #ForAGreaterLagos
— Prof. Akin Abayomi (@ProfAkinAbayomi) May 17, 2020
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR.
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo
- APC Lawmaker says water Bill is a Northern agenda to tighten the noose on the South
- European airlines are reducing fares to attract passengers and fill the planes that are still flying
- “An orchestrated sabotage” – How President Buhari described attack on Borno Governor that left scores dead
- Borno Governor speaks about ambush of his convoy that left police officers and soldiers dead
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Nigeria at 60- The colonialists never left; they are Nigerian politicians
- Demola Olarewaju joins TStv as Head of Corporate Affairs