Estimated Reading Time: 1
Three of the returnees recently evacuated from Dubai have tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Commissioner for Health in Lagos State, Professor Akin Abayomi, announced this on Sunday via his Twitter handle.
He said the evacuees tested positive following a test conducted on them and have been admitted to the COVID-19 care centre for appropriate treatment protocols.
According to Professor Abayomi, the state will continue to adhere strictly to quarantine protocols and enforce necessary precautionary measures in order to contain the spread of the pandemic.
“Three of the returnees recently evacuated from Dubai have tested positive for #COVID19 infection following #COVID19 test conducted on them.
Those affected have been admitted to @followlasg #COVID19 care centre for appropriate treatment protocols” – Abayomi wrote..
He appealed to the residents of the state, particularly those who recently returned to the country to cooperate with the government’s COVID-19 response team at all times.
“I again urge Lagos residents and particularly those who recently returned to the country to cooperate with our #COVID19 response team as may be desirable at all times and in all circumstances”.
Let’s continue to #StaySafe #ForAGreaterLagos
— Prof. Akin Abayomi (@ProfAkinAbayomi) May 17, 2020
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR.
- Sell petrol at old rate until PPPRA gives directive, IPMAN tells members
- #Revolutionow protesters in Osun may be locked up for 14 days as DSS obtains detention order
- Governor Seyi Makinde approves N59.7 Million for Amotekun
- Nigeria, along with other ILO Member countries, ratify convention on child labour
- Health workers in Bauchi to begin strike on Thursday
- Association of aircraft pilots and engineers threaten to shut down all airlines over sacked pilots
- Arrested #RevolutionNow protesters released; they violated COVID-19 protocols says FCTA
- Edo Elections: Deputy governor accuses Oshiomhole of N80 million bribe to lawmakers
- Edo State Deputy Speaker impeached
- Kaduna state government is not aware of any land grabbing incidents says Governor El-Rufai