Estimated Reading Time: 1
Three of the returnees recently evacuated from Dubai have tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Commissioner for Health in Lagos State, Professor Akin Abayomi, announced this on Sunday via his Twitter handle.
He said the evacuees tested positive following a test conducted on them and have been admitted to the COVID-19 care centre for appropriate treatment protocols.
According to Professor Abayomi, the state will continue to adhere strictly to quarantine protocols and enforce necessary precautionary measures in order to contain the spread of the pandemic.
“Three of the returnees recently evacuated from Dubai have tested positive for #COVID19 infection following #COVID19 test conducted on them.
Those affected have been admitted to @followlasg #COVID19 care centre for appropriate treatment protocols” – Abayomi wrote..
He appealed to the residents of the state, particularly those who recently returned to the country to cooperate with the government’s COVID-19 response team at all times.
“I again urge Lagos residents and particularly those who recently returned to the country to cooperate with our #COVID19 response team as may be desirable at all times and in all circumstances”.
Let’s continue to #StaySafe #ForAGreaterLagos
— Prof. Akin Abayomi (@ProfAkinAbayomi) May 17, 2020
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR.
- Nominations list for the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete Nominations list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas
- Arik Air sacks 300 staff members, claims economic hardship
- Patrick Vieira has been sacked as coach of Nice
- Just In: Appeal court sacks Senator Ifeanyi Araraume as Imo North APC candidate
- #EndSARS: Nigerian Police withdraws petition to end ongoing judicial panel
- CAN condemns Zabarmari massacre, calls it ‘satanic’
- Just in: Court remands Maina at Kuje Correction centre