Estimated Reading Time: 1
Three of the returnees recently evacuated from Dubai have tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Commissioner for Health in Lagos State, Professor Akin Abayomi, announced this on Sunday via his Twitter handle.
He said the evacuees tested positive following a test conducted on them and have been admitted to the COVID-19 care centre for appropriate treatment protocols.
According to Professor Abayomi, the state will continue to adhere strictly to quarantine protocols and enforce necessary precautionary measures in order to contain the spread of the pandemic.
“Three of the returnees recently evacuated from Dubai have tested positive for #COVID19 infection following #COVID19 test conducted on them.
Those affected have been admitted to @followlasg #COVID19 care centre for appropriate treatment protocols” – Abayomi wrote..
He appealed to the residents of the state, particularly those who recently returned to the country to cooperate with the government’s COVID-19 response team at all times.
“I again urge Lagos residents and particularly those who recently returned to the country to cooperate with our #COVID19 response team as may be desirable at all times and in all circumstances”.
Let’s continue to #StaySafe #ForAGreaterLagos
— Prof. Akin Abayomi (@ProfAkinAbayomi) May 17, 2020
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR.
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer
- Nigerian tribes want Yahaya Bello to contest 2023 presidential election
- Just In: Resident doctors suspend strike
- Hoodlums disrupt PDP North-West zonal congress
- Senate President Ahmed Lawan says Nigeria can never become a failed state
- Federal Government signs new MoU with striking doctors
- Veteran Nollywood Actor, Bruno Iwuoha Dies At 68
- Just In: Terrorists kill 8 miners in Plateau
- Denied By The System: Nigerian students lose scholarships as Universities delay transcripts
- Lagos City Marathon: Kenyan Emmanuel Naibei and Ethiopian Meseret Dinke emerge champions