Estimated Reading Time: 1
Governor Mai Mala Buni of Yobe says Nigerians should disregard reports of COVID-19 related deaths in the state, saying that no such case was recorded.
Buni said this in a statement on Thursday by his Director General, Press and Media Affairs, Malam Mamman Mohammed.
“Our attention has been drawn to an online report alleging COVID-19 related deaths in Yobe State.
“The report also claimed that His Excellency, Governor Mai Mala Buni, was in Abuja while his people were dying.
“We had expected the publishers to crosscheck their facts and reflect our position to balance the story.
“For the records, Yobe state was the very first state in Nigeria to voluntarily submit a suspected case of COVID-19 for test. Thank God, it was negative.
“The state had in spite of non-existing case, constituted a COVID-19 committee, established three isolation centres equipped with ventilators and all necessary equipment,” the governor said.
According to him, Yobe recorded its first case just last week, 30th April, 2020 and to date, there is no officially declared COVID-19 related death.
However, Alhaji Muazu Brahji, a Director, Human Resources with Yobe State Ministry of Health, has been reported dead at the state specialist hospital isolation centre in Damaturu.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/pay
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR.
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19